For clients with an older HP EVA or an alternate manufacturer's traditional array there are lots of reasons to consider moving up to a new server storage solution:
- Increased performance through virtualised servers can be complemented by virtualised storage.
- Lower power and cooling costs with more efficient reduced power consuming hard drives
- Lower support costs - 3 year support and warranty packages
- Improved Raid performance with Virtual Raid 6 (EVA6400/8400 only)
- Massive application performance improvements through Solid State Disks (EVA6400/8400 only)
- Higher capacity drives and array capacities
Clients not realising the benefits of a Virtual Array already will see their cost per GB go down, performance go up, and the amount of time needed to manage their capacity reduced to almost nothing.
For clients with multiple storage arrays from multiple different manufacturers, the management of multiple tools and islands of heterogeneous storage can be time consuming, expensive and produce a real stumbling block to a clear future storage strategy.
HP SVSP SAN virtualisation allows customers that have multiple vendor storage arrays to combine the various server storage resources into a single pool. This simplifies server management with consistent services providing an increased in utilisation, improved performance, non-disruptive data migration and server storage tiering.