HP has a new family of products to application environments in small and midsized businesses, remote offices and as tier 2 or 3 archived storage for enterprise customers with a choice of host connect interfaces
The family of HP StorageWorks P2000 MSA / MSA2000 storage arrays is a new generation of Fibre Channel, iSCSI and SAS storage arrays for shared storage and SAN implementations specifically designed for entry-level customers. They feature the very latest in functionality and technology at highly affordable price points. MSA2000 support simultaneous operation of enterprise-class, dual-ported SAS drives and archival-class SATA drives.
NEW: The new P2000 G3 MSA (FC) offers even more flexibility, capacity and performance
- The HP StorageWorks P2000 G3 FC Modular Smart Array delivers low cost, consolidated storage array technology to meet departmental and small to medium businesses requirements with 8 Gb Fibre Channel or Combo FC/iSCSI solutions matched with the newest Large and Small Form Factor SAS and SATA drives.
- Flexibility in drive types and sizes: high performance enterprise class SAS drives and low cost, high capacity archival class SAS MDL or SATA MDL. The array head comes standard with twelve or twenty-four drive bays able to simultaneously accommodate dual-ported SAS drives and SATA drives.
- Cost efficient: The P2000 G3 array offers single controller models for low initial investment, or dual controllers for higher data protection. The FC/iSCSI Combo controller allows sharing of resources between different departments with the most cost-effective protocol.
- Grow as you need: The P2000 G3 FC array allows customers to grow their storage as demands increase up to 57.6 TB SAS or 192 TB SATA supporting up to 64 hosts for Fibre Channel attach. The P2000 G3 FC array can support up to 7 LFF drive enclosures and 96 drives or 5 SFF drive enclosures and a maximum of 149 drives.
- Grow to 64 hosts with Fibre Channel or FC/iSCSI
- Powerful new controllers (FC and FC/iSCSI) and 2 GB of read/write cache provides support for up to 64 hosts. Latest 8Gb Fibre Channel technology means that the users will have fast and reliable access to their data.
- Increased data protection: The P2000 G3 comes with 64 Snapshot and Volume Copy capability at no extra charge. Increased snapshot capability of 512 snaps is an option. Remote Snap software is also an option, allowing replication over iSCSI or Fibre Channel.
- P2000 G3 FC supports up to 512 LUNs, With 512 LUNs, the P2000 G3 FC has more than sufficient LUNs for storage configuration flexibility.
- Comprehensive Data Protection in an Easily Administered SAN Environment.
- Increased level of data protection: For increased data protection the P2000 G3 FC comes with a 64 Snapshot license and Volume Copy software, giving space-efficient, copy-on-write snapshots and clones at no charge. A 512 snap license is optional. Remote Snap software allowing replication over iSCSI or Fibre Channel is also available